At WMAES, we like to provide our students and parents with the resources to help them succeed. We believe that are students are capable of learning both inside and outside the classroom. However, there are times outside the classroom that students might need additional support with their learning. Our educators have selected specific homework assistance sites to be of help when students are not in the classroom. Please feel free to explore.
- The Reading Tub – Guide for parents on how to provide guided reading with their children at home.
- Healthy Children – Provides tips to help your children succeed in school.
- ADHD In The Classroom – Helping children with ADHD succeed in school.
- Classroom Assistance – 44 ideas to help your child in school.
- Organizing 101 – Article helping parents teach their children organizational skills.
- Organizing with ADHD – Fifteen helpful ways to assist students with ADHD when it comes to organizing.
- Education All Around – This is an excellent educational tool for parents, providing parenting articles, worksheets, activities and games.
- Cool Math
- Kids Numbers
- Primary Games
- PBS Kids – Math
- Math Fact Cafe – Parents can use this site to create math flash cards.
- Xtra Math – This website helps students increase their math speed, as well as provides students with problems based on ability.
- Quizlet – Create and take quizzes on almost any subject matter. This is also a great resource fro practicing spelling tests too!
- Scholastic – Set up your own parent page and order books easily through your child’s teacher. You are also able to search books by reading levels.
- Power My Learning – This site makes it easy to access free online activities that support Common Core. With an extensive library of resources organized by grade, the opportunities are endless. Teachers can create accounts for students and assign specific online activities for additional support. Parent accounts are linked to student accounts, allowing parents to view the assigned activities and check their child’s progress.