Get Involved

West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science believes that a strong parent and school partnership is an essential building block in an effective educational program. All of our parents are encouraged to visit the school anytime, spend time in their child’s classroom, and take part in event planning and setting future goals for our school.

Here are a few ways parents can participate at school:

  • Classroom volunteers
  • Mentor
  • Athletic booster
  • Field trip chaperones
  • Fundraising
  • Girl Scouts
  • Carnivals and parades
  • School club volunteers

Interested in volunteering?

Click here to let us know your Volunteering Interests >

The WMAES Power Parent Team

The WMAES Power Parent Team (PPT), is a local PTO unit organized by current parents and teachers. Our primary focus is to advocate on behalf of our children and students, while promoting our school’s academic curriculum and parental involvement.

As a volunteer lead organization, we are continually seeking for innovative members who enjoy promoting events within our school and increasing community, and parental involvement.

Interested in joining the WMAES Power Parent Team, or have any questions about our organization? Feel free to send us an email at

If you are interested in volunteering for any PTO or school events, please fill out the WMAES volunteer form and return to the front office (see links above to download).

Upcoming Events and Fundraisers:

Box Tops for Education

We are accepting Box Tops for Education to help raise money for parent/student activities. If you are interested in participating, bring your Box Tops for Education to the front office. Thank you for your donations.

Uniform Donations

In order to help students and families cover the cost of uniforms, we are accepting current donations of uniforms. If you have any uniform shirts that are no longer in use, please feel free to donate them back to the school. Thank you for giving back.

Student Medication

WMAES follows the guidelines set by Michigan Department of Education and Michigan Department of Community Health. Before any medication can be given to your child while they are at school, a School Medication Administration Authorization form must be completed. This form must be signed by both a parent/guardian and a physician. This includes both prescription and over-the-counter medication. No medication will be given to your child without this signed form.

Click the links below to view our forms.

Medication form

Distribution of Medication to Student at School